Secret Message Lemon Ink
Everyone loves secret messages. Here is a way to make disappearing ink with lemon juice that is really easy!
Now you can write secret messages like a super spy.
When you write with lemon juice and heat it up it will look like this:
This experiment uses an acid (lemon juice) to make a message. When an acid like lemon juice goes through a process called oxidation (a chemical change), it will change colors. In this case the lemon juice will turn brown when it is oxidized with heat. The resulting brown writing is not visible until it is heated.
You Will Need:
What To Do:
2. Add a 4-5 drops of water to the lemon juice.
3. Dip the cotton swab into the mixture and write on the white paper.
4. Allow the juice to dry for at least 5-10 minutes.
5. Hold a hot light bulb near the lemon juice to reveal it.
2. Would you be able to see the juice under a black light if you didn't heat it?
3. Can the ink be made from a totally different substance? Like honey?