Adding vectors by components
Two vector can be easily summed by using vector sum by geometrical method but it is not practical way to add vectors.
For a simpler and more practical way of adding two or more vectors then we can use component method of vector sum or add vectors by components.
Let there be three vector , and
and if vector is the sum of vectors and or ,
The x component of vector r is the sum of x components of vector a and b , the y component of vector r is the sum of y components of vector a and b and the z component of vector r is the sum of z components of vector a and b.
The procedure for adding vector by components also applies to vector subtraction.
For example if :
- Components of vectors Components of vectors , components of vectors in two and...
- Geometric addition of vectors Geometric addition of vectors , Adding vectors geometrically. Law of...
- Unit Vector Unit Vector. What is unit vector? What are standard unit...
- Vectors and Scalars Vectors and Scalars. What is Vector quantity and scalar quantity?...
- The Sum Rule. Sum Rule is one of the Techniques of Differentiation. The...