[How to] Block a Website on a Computer
Are your children’s spending too much time on social networking websites like Facebook, MySpace, Orkut? If yes, I have a solution for you!
On this article I am going to show you how to block a website on a computer. This can be done without making any changes to the current internet connection.
Steps to block a website on a computer:
1. Go to run command by Pressing Win +R and type the location written below and hit enter:
2. A notepad displays on your screen showing some type of cryptic information.
3. Go to the last line of the file and on a new line type the following:
127.0.0.1 [Name of a website you want to block.]
If you want to block Facebook than:
4. Save the file and exit.
This is how we can block a website on a computer. In order to access the blocked website you have to remove the details for the same file hosts.txt.
- [How to] Shutdown computer using notepad Notepad is Text-only editor present in Microsoft operating system. Notepad...
- Facebook Sidebar Chat on Mozilla Firefox Facebook lunched on February 2004, is a social networking service....
- Get Free .ca Domain and website for your business. Google and Yola are offering free .ca domain and and...
- Send free SMS using facebook Chatsms is a facebook application, which allows facebook users to...
- [How to] Change Computer into Wireless router Wi-Fi HotSpot Creator is advance software that changes computer into...