Boolean Function: A Boolean function is an expression formed with binary variables, the two binary operators OR and AND, the unary operator NOT, parentheses and equal sign.
Example: Boolean function F1: (abc’)
The function F1 is equal to 1 if a= 1 AND b=1 AND c’ =1, otherwise F=0.
The Boolean function is represented as an algebraic expression. It may also be represented in truth table.
Problem: Simplify the following Boolean function to minimum number of variables (literals)
Logic Circuit or Logic Network: The logic circuit is an electronic circuit based on the concept of Boolean algebra. The logic circuit contains hierarchy of AND, NAND, OR, NOR gates etc. The simplest form of electronic logic gate id Diode. To build a complete logic system, valves or transistors logic gates are used.
The Half adders, full adder, Decoder, Encoder, Flip-flop, and Multiplexer etc are logic network to perform digital activities.
Example : Study the following logic circuit and display value of Q.
Q=A AND NOT B
- Introduction to Logic Function and Boolean Algebra The binary numbers are basic building block of all computer...
- Boolean Algebra Associated, Distributive, and Commutative Law are described below individually :...
- Logic Gates The gate is an electronic circuit to receive more than...
- Universal Gate The NAND and NOR gate are called to be universal...
- Friend Function Friend function The concept of encapsulation and data hiding indicates...