You have to learn addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of binary number. In brain, you have to keep that in the arithmetic of binary number, carry is written in binary (2) just like as 10 is used in decimal system for carry.
- Addition of Binary numbers: Follow the following formulae:
1010 first number
1001 second number
- Subtraction of Binary Numbers: The subtraction of binary is more interesting, but less complex for novice students, but not fear, jump to complement methods when confusion takes place in the traditional methods of subtraction.
Example: 110-11 =011
The first step is to equalize digits placing zero to the left side and make columns. You take right most columns and solve 0-1. The carry 2 is taken and 1 is subtracted, result is written as 1.
Next step, come to second column from where you have to solve again 0-1. To solve it take carry 2 from left and subtract 1 and write result as 1.
Complement method: If you get difficulty in subtraction, the complement method is very easy solution. The complement of 1 is 0 and vice versa. The computer computes all the arithmetic operation like as subtraction, multiplication, and division by the method of addition.
Example: Write complement of 0110 is 1001.
Procedure: Suppose you have a problem: 1000-1. It is some difficult for novice.
Step-1: Equalize digits adding 0 in the left side.
Step-2: Write complement of 0001 as 1110 and add.
Step-3: Add carry to the previous addition.
So, 1000-0001 = 0111
- Multiplication of Binary Numbers: The multiplication of binary number is also like as decimal multiplication.
- Binary to Decimal Conversion Conversion binary to decimal and vice versa: We multiply each...
- Binary and Decimal Number System Decimal Number System: The number of base or radix 10...
- Why does Computer understand only binary? Q. Why does Computer understand only binary? In computer system...
- Hexadecimal Number system and Their Conversion The number with base 16 is called hexadecimal number. It...
- Octal Number system and their Conversion The number with base 8 is called octal number. It...