Secondary cells are rechargeable by passing current as electrode reactions can be reversed e. g. lead storage battery, Ni-Cd storage cell.
Lead storage battery:
It contains 6 voltaic cells in a row . It is used in automobiles, invertors etc.
Anode: Spongy lead
Cathode: Grid of lead packed with
Electrolyte: 38% by mass aqueosus solution of
- is 2.04 volt
During discharging is consumed.
Cathode: Ni (III) compound supported on Ni or reactions:
- Daniel cell The cells which produce electrical energy from chemical reactions are...
- Electrolysis The process of chemical decomposition of the electrolyte by the...
- Standard Electrode Potential It is potential difference developed between metal electrode and the...
- Corrosion Worksheet Corrosion is the disintergration of a material into its constituent...
- Cell Notation Generally a cell is represented as follows: Certain notations...