Fuel Cell is a galvanic cell in which fuel are etc.
Electrodes: Porous carbon impregnated with gaseous catalyst like .
Electrolyte: Aqueous KOH (concentration)
Here fuels undergo combustion to give electric energy.
E.g. : fuel cell:
It should be compact, light, etc.
Astronauts use fuel cell.
It is pollution free, continuous source of high efficiency.
A 100 watt, 110 volt incandescent lamp is connected in series with an electrolyte cell containing cadmium sulphate solution. What mass of cadmium will be deposited by the current flowing for 10 hours?
Atomic mass of Cd = 1712.4 and valency of Cd = 2
Equivalent mass =
Mass of Cd deposited =
- Cell Notation Generally a cell is represented as follows: Certain notations...
- Density of Crystal Theoretical density of the crystal If the length of edge...
- Secondary cell Secondary cells are rechargeable by passing current as electrode reactions...
- Applications of Electrolysis Applications of Electrolysis are as follows: (a) In the determination...
- Daniel cell The cells which produce electrical energy from chemical reactions are...