Freundlich Adsorption Isotherm
Freundlich Adsorption Isotherm:
According to him:
(i) At low pressure:
At low pressure the graph is almost
Where, K = constant
(ii) At high pressure:
x / m becomes almost constant and does not change with pressure
(iii) At intermediate value of pressure.
Here ‘n’ is a constant depending upon nature of adsorbate and adsorbent.
The value of K, n can be determined as follows: On taking logarithm of equation (1) we get
Thus, on plotting a graph between x/ m and logep a straight line is obtained.
- Factors Affecting Adsorption Adsorption of gases on solid surface depends upon: (1) Nature...
- Absorption Isotherm worksheet Absorption Isotherm is the process of studying adsorption with the...
- Formulas of Gaseous State Boyle’s law, (At constant temperature) Charle’s law; Gas...
- Adsorption The phenomenon of adsorption was introduced by Scheele during the...
- The Gas Equation If Boyle’s and Charle’s law are combined, then PV =...