Generally a cell is represented as follows:
Certain notations have become fairly well known and are followed conventionally in connection with electrochemical cells. A half Cell such as Zn rod clipped in 0.1 M ion solution is represented by . The vertical line shows a solid phase.
Thus the Daniell cell may be represented as:
Where two vertical lines indicate the salt bridge.
By convention, the anode of a cell is shown on the left in the cell notation.
Calculate the charge in coulomb on ion.
Since electrons correspond to 96500C
2 electrons present on a ion will correspond to
- Daniel cell The cells which produce electrical energy from chemical reactions are...
- Cubic Unit Cell Cubic unit cell There are three types of cubic unit...
- Density of Crystal Theoretical density of the crystal If the length of edge...
- Standard Electrode Potential It is potential difference developed between metal electrode and the...
- Space Lattice and Unit Cell Space Lattice and Unit Cell According to Hauy (1784) a...