Cases of oxidation Number
Special Cases of Oxidation Number
(2) (Caro’s is acid)
(3) (Marshall’s acid)
(4) : Oxidation number. of ‘S’ is +2 but oxidation state are -2 and + 6.
(5) Oxidation number of ‘S’ is +5/2 or 2.5 however, oxidation state are Two ‘S’ –atoms 5 – each; Two ‘S’ – atoms 0 – each.
(8) Oxoanions are stronger oxidising agents in acidic medium in comparison to basic or neutral mediums.
(9) In oxidation number of C-atom is zero.
Method of balancing redox equations:
There are two methods of balancing redox equations, such as:
- Oxidation number change method (Johnson 1880)
- Ion-electron method (Jette and Lamer 1927)
- Oxidation Number Oxidation number (Ox. No.) “It is the number of electrons...
- Oxidation Number Worksheet An oxidation number of an atom is a positive or...
- Redox reaction A reaction in which both oxidation and reduction take place...
- Oxidation and Reduction worksheet Oxidation is the process of gaining electrons and Reduction is...
- Concept of Oxidation and Reduction Electronic Concept of Oxidation and Reduction (Modern Concept) The process...