Worksheet on Order of reaction
The sum of powers to which the concentration terms are raised in order to determine the rate of the reaction is known as order of reaction.
There are three orders of reaction:
1. First Order Reaction
2. Second Order Reaction
3. Third Order of reaction
In this article you can find some questions related to “Order of reaction” and their answers:
1. The rate of the reaction is given by:
The order of reaction is:
2. Which one of the following statements about the order of a reaction is true?
(a) The order of a reaction can only be determined by experiment
(b) The order of a reaction increases with increase in temperature
(c) A second order reaction is also bimolecular t
(d) the order of a reaction can be determined from the balanced equation i ( )
3. The second order rate constant is usually expressed as:
4. Which of the following is a first order reaction?
5. The rate constant of a reaction is . The order of reaction is:
6. A reaction involving two different reactants:
(a) Can never be a bimolecular reaction
(b) Can never be a first order reaction
(c) Can never be a unimolecular reaction
(d) Can never be a second order reaction
7. Order of a reaction is:
(a) Equal to the sum of the concentration terms in the rate equation
(b) Equal to the sum of the concentration terms in the stoichiometric
(c) Always equal to the molecularity of the reaction
(d) Equal to the sum of the powers of the concentration terms in the rate equation
8. What will be the order of the reaction if doubling the concentration of a reactant increases the rate by a factor of 4 and trebling the concentration of the reactant by a factor of 9?
(a) Zero order
(b) First order
(c) Second order
(d) Third order
9. The rate of reaction is given by the equation . If B is taken in large excess, the order of the reaction would be:
10. The one which is unimolecular reaction is:
11. For a given reaction . The order of theis reaction is:
12. A first order reaction is half-completed in 45 minutes. How long does it need for 99.9% of the reaction to be completed?
(a) 20 hours
(b) 5 hours
(d) 10 hours
13. For the first order reaction, half-life is 14s. The time required for the initial concentration to reduce to 1 / 8th of its value is:
(c) 28 s
14. Which of the following is correct for a first order reaction?
15. The rate constant for a first order reaction whose half-life is 480 sec is:
1.(d) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (a) 5. (d)
6. (c) 7. (d) 8. (c) 9. (b) 10. (b)
11. (c) 12. (c) 13. (b) 14. (c) 15. (b)
- Second order Reaction A reaction is said to be the second order if...
- Order of Reaction The order of reaction may be defined as the sum...
- Third Order Reaction A reaction is said to be of third order if...
- Zero Order Reaction Zero Order Reaction If the rate of reaction is independent...
- Determination of order of Reaction There are at least four different methods to ascertain the...