Worksheet on Hydrolysis
Hydrolysis is a chemical process in which the molecule of water are splited into hydrogen cations and hydroxide anions.
This is a reaction which is used to break certain polymer, especially those ploymer which are made by the process of condensation reaction.
In this article you can find some questions related to “Hydrolysis” and their answers:
1. The Hydrolysis of a salt of strong acid and weak base is called:
(a) Neutrals hydrolysis
(b) Anionic hydrolysis
(c) Cationic hydrolysis
(d) Amphoteric hydrolysis
2. The value of Kb for the reaction . The hydrolysis constant of the salt:
3. The dissociation constant of is . The hydrolysis constant of sodium acetate is:
4. A weak acid HX has dissociation constant . It forms a salt NaX on reaction with an alkali. The degree of hydrolysis of 0.1 M solution of NaX is:
5. Ammonium cyanide is a salt of of and HCN of . The hydrolysis constant of is:
6. At distilled water concentration is equal to the value of Kw at this temperature will be:
7. The concentration of and of a 0.1 aqueous solution of 2% ionized weak acid is [ ionic product of water ]:
8. Two solutions A and B are prepared by adding NaOH and HCI acid into water respectively. The ionic product of water will:
(a) increase in B and decrease in A
(b) increase in A and B
(c) remain the same in both solutions
(d) increase in A and decrease in B
9. The value of ionic product of water at 393 K is:
(a) equal to
(b) greater than
(c) less than
(d) equal to
10. What happens when few drops of are added to water?
(a) concentration decreases
(b) concentration increases
(c) ionic product increases
(d) ionic product decreases
11. If the hydronium ion concentration in a solution is , then the concentration of ions in this solution is
12. The hydrogen ion concentration of 0.001 N NaOH solution is :
1.(c) 2.(b) 3.(b) 4.(a) 5.(d) 6. (b) 7. (d) 8.(c) 9. (b) 10. (a) 11. (b) 12. (a)
- Ionic Product, Kw and lonisation Constant, K of water Though water is regarded as a non-conductor, yet even the...
- Worksheet on Solubility Product Solubility product is a constant given to a solution containing...
- Ostwald law worksheet Ostwald law shows the relationship between the dissociation constant and...
- Solubility Product When a sparingly soluble substance, say AB is kept in...
- Worksheet on Nature of solution Solution obtains when solutes are dissolved in solvents. Solvent is...