Worksheet based on Preparation of Colloids
Colloids are mixtures in which a substance is divided into minute particles and dispersed throughout a second substance. This mixture is also called colloidal system, colloidal solution ar colloidal dispersion.
There are two ways for preparing colloids.
1. Preparing Colloids by Dispersion Method
2. Preparing colloids by Condensation of molecules from true solution
In this article you can find some question related on “Preparation of colloids” and their answers:
1. Colloidal solution of arsenious sulphide is prepared by:
(b) Double decomposition
(c) Electrodispersion method
2. Colloidal solution of silver is prepared by:
(a) Bredig’s are method
(c) Colloidal milk
(d) Double decomposition method
3. Which of the following substances is not used in the preparation of lyophilic solution ?
(c) Metal sulphide
4. Which of the following colloidal solutions is prepared when very dilute solution of ferric chloride reacts with potassium ferrocyanide?
(a) Prussian blue
(b) Arsenic sulphide
(c) Ferric hydroxide
(d) Extrinsic colloid
1.(b) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (a)
- Worksheet based on Application of Colloids Colloids are used in our daily life as well as...
- Colloid Worksheet A colloid is a substance which is microscopically dispersed evenly...
- Worksheet based on Electro-Chemistry The study of chemical reaction that takes place in a...
- Worksheet based on Law of Thermodynamics The Law of thermodynamics are used to define fundamental physical...
- Worksheet on Solution A homogenous mixture composed of only one phase is known...