Valence bond Theory (V.B.T) was developed by Walter Heitler and Fritz London in 1927 and was later modified by Linus Pauling to take bond direction into account.
Some of the question related to Valence bond theory are listed below:
1. The correct order of decreasing strength of overlapping is:
(a) s –s > s – p > p – p
(b) p – p > s – p > s – s
(c) s – p> p – p > s – s
(d) s – p > s – s > p – p
2. when Z-axis is molecular axis then -molecular orbitals are formed by the overlapping of:
3. The bond order for is:
4. The bond length of is in order:
5. Which is diamagnetic here?
6. During the formation of is removed from:
1.(b) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (b) 6. (d)
- Types of Overlapping Types of overlapping (i) S-S overlapping: overlapping between s-s orbital’s...
- Chemical Bond worksheet Chemical bond can be defined as the force of attraction...
- Hydrogen Bond Worksheet Interaction of a hydrogen atom with an electronegative atom, such...
- Valence Bond Theory Actually speaking treatment of the covalent bond is far more...
- Bond Order The bond order (B.O.) in diatomic molecules is half of...