The study of energy and heat with respect to chemical reaction and physical transformation is called Thermochemistry. Every chemical reaction either release or absorb energy and phase may change, such as in melting and boiling.
Thermochemistry plays a vital role in predicting reactant and product quantities.
Here, you can find some questions related to “Thermochemistry” and its answer:
1. An adiabatic expansion of an ideal gas always has:
(a) q = 0
(b) w = 0
(d) Decrease in temperature
2. Mechanical work is specially important in systems that contain:
3. Heat capacity is:
(d) None Of these
4. Which of the following is a closed system?
(a) Pressure cooker
(b) Jet engine
(c) Tea placed in a steel
(d) Rocket engine during propulsion
5. For an adiabatic process, which of the following is correct?
6. Thermodynamic equilibrium involves
(a) Chemical equilibrium
(b) Mechanical equilibrium
(c) Thermal equilibrium
(d) All the above
7. During isothermal expansion of an ideal gas its:
(a) Enthalpy reduces to zero
(b) Enthalpy remains unaffected
(c) Internal energy increases
(d) Enthalpy decreases
8. A well stoppered thermos flask contains some ice cubes. This is an example of:
(a) Open system
(b) Closed system
(c) Non thermodynamic system
(d) Isolated system
9. The internal energy of a substance:
(a) Increases with increase in temperature
(b) Decreases with increase in temperature
(c) Can be calculated by the relation
(d) Remains unaffected with change in temperature
10. The process carried out in perfect insulation is called:
11. The decreasing order of calorific values is:
12. Which of the following units represents largest amount of energy?
(d) Electron volt
13. Which fuel has the maximum calorific value?
(c) Cow dung
14. According to Kirchoffs equation which factor affects the heat of reaction?
1.(a) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (c)
6. (d) 7. (b) 8. (d) 9. (a) 10. (c)
11.(b) 12. (c) 13. (b) 14. (b)
- Hydrogen Bond Worksheet Interaction of a hydrogen atom with an electronegative atom, such...
- Worksheet on Gibb’s Free Energy A thermodynamic potential that measures the process-initiating work obtained from...
- Thermochemistry In general, chemical reactions are accompanied by energy change which...
- Thermodynamics Worksheet Thermodynamics is a subject that deals with various accepts related...
- Worksheet on Chemical equilibrium Chemical equilibrium is used to describe the condition on which...