Solutions for Radiactivity Questions
Here are some questions related to Radioactivity with their solutions:
8.5J heat flows out into the Surroundings when a sample of a gas contracts 400 mL by an average pressure of 0.5 atm. Calculate the change in energy of the system.
has positive sign. It means energy of the system increases.
10 moles of oxygen is kept in 5.0 L cylinder at 313 K. Due to sudden leakage through a hole, all the gas escapes into the atmosphere and the cylinder gets empty. If the atmospheric pressure is 1.0 atm, calculate the work done by the gas.
Solution : According to gas equation,
PV = nRT nRT
The energy change, for the reaction:
is found to be . Calculate the value of enthalpy change, , at the same temperature.
Solution : For the reaction
According to gas equation,
We know that,
- The Gas Equation If Boyle’s and Charle’s law are combined, then PV =...
- Worksheet on Spontaneous process A process that occurs in a system without giving any...
- Enthalpy [Heat content] Let the change of state of a system be brought...
- Limitations of Van der waal’s equation Limitations of Van der waal’s equation (i) The value of...
- Amagat law Amagat law: For a mixture of non-reacting gases the sum...