Oxidation state is used to indicate the degeree of oxidation of an atom in chemical compound. Oxidation states are represented by integers, it can be any whole number which doesn’t have fractional part.
In simple words oxidation can be defined as, “The combination of a substance with oxygen.”
In this article you can find some questions related to oxidation and their answers:
1. A compound contains atoms X, Y and Z. The oxidation number of X is +3, of Y is +5 and of Z is -2. The possible formula of the compound is:
2. Which of the following represents a disproportionation reaction ?
(d) All of these
3. If M is the molecular weight of , then its equivalent weight in the conversion:
4. The ratio of coefficients of in the following redox equation:
In the balanced form will be:
(a) 4 : 10 : 1
(b) 4 : 1 : 10
(c) 10 : 4 : 1
(d) 10 : 1 : 4
In this reaction, values of (X), (Y) and (Z) are:
(a) 2, 5, 6
(b) 5, 2,6
(c) 3, 5, 6
(d) 2, 6, 6
6. The reaction in which hydrogen peroxide acts as a reducing agent is:
7. The oxidation number of phosporus in is:
(d) None of these
8. In the standardization of using by iodometry, the equivalent weight weight of is
(a) (molecular weight) / 2
(b) (molecular weight) / 4
(c) (molecular weight) / 3
(d) Same as molecular weight
9. The reaction,
Is an example of:
(a) Reduction reaction
(b) Oxidation reaction
(c) Disproportionation reaction
(d) Decomposition reaction
10. The pair of the compounds in which both the metals are in the highest possible oxidation state is:
11. If the oxidation number of A is +2, of B is +5 and that of C is -2, the possible formula of the compound is:
12. Oxidation number of iron in is:
13. The oxidation state of oxygen in is
14. A in the half reaction:
15. In the conversion , equivalent weight of is:
1.(b) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (a)
6. (d) 7. (d) 8. (c) 9. (c) 10. (b)
11. (b) 12. (b) 13. (b) 14. (d) 15. (b)
- Oxidation Number Worksheet An oxidation number of an atom is a positive or...
- Oxidation Number Oxidation number (Ox. No.) “It is the number of electrons...
- Oxidation and Reduction worksheet Oxidation is the process of gaining electrons and Reduction is...
- Redox Reaction Worksheet All the chemical reaction in which atoms change their oxidation...
- Oxidation Number Change Method Oxidation Number Change Method: Following steps are followed while balancing...