Gas Law Woorksheet
When scientists began to realize the relationship between the pressure, temperature and volume of a sample gas could be obtained which would hold true for all gases. Then they developed Gas Law.
Here you can find some questions related to gas law and their answers:
1. At what temperature in the celsius scale, V (volume) of a certain mass of gas at will be doubled keeping the pressure constant?
2. 120 g of an ideal gas of molecular weight is confined to a volume of 20 L at 400 K. Using ,the pressure of the gas is:
(a) 4.90 atm
(b) 5.02 atm
(c) 4.92 atm
(d) 4.96 atm
3. How many moles of He gas occupy 22.4 liters at and one atmospheric pressure?
4. 16 g of oxygen and 3 g of hydrogen are mixed and kept at 760 mm pressure and The total volume occupied by the mixture will be nearly:
(a) 22.4 liters
(b) 33.6 liters
(c) 448 liters
(d) 44800 ml
5. What will be the partial pressure of in a flask containing :
(a) 1 / 2 the total pressure
(b) 1/ 3 the total pressure
(c) 1 / 4 the total pressure
(d) 1/16 the total pressure
6. 50 volumes of take 25 minutes to diffuse out of vessel. How long will 40 volumes of oxygen take to diffuse out from the same vessel under similar conditions?
(a) 20 min
(b) 80 min
(c) 200 min
(d) 100 min
7. The total kinetic energy of 2 moles of an ideal gas at is (use ):
(a) 9.96 kJ
(b) 19.92 kJ
(c) 3.32 kJ
(d) 39.84 kJ
8. The density of air is 0.00130 g/ ml. The vapour density of air will be:
9. Volume of 4.4 g of at NTP is:
10. What will be total pressure exerted by in a 2 liter flask at
(a) 12.3 atm
(b) 13.8 atm
(c) 15.6 atm
(d) 16.4 atm
12. 5.75 g of a gas has a volume of 3.4 liter at and 0.94 atm. What is its molecular weight?
13. Two similar balloons are filled with at same temperature and pressure. If escapes at the rate of 65 ml/ hour. What will be the rate of escape of hydrogen:
(a) 130 ml / hr
(c) 260 ml/ hr
(d) 32.5 ml/hr
14. The relative diffusion of gas B as compared to a diatomic gas A is 6.5. What will be the molecular weight of B, if atomic weight of A is 36:
15. If 1.5 g of gas has 195 ml volume at and 49 mm pressure, its molecular weight is:
1.(b) 2. (c) 3. (a) 4. (d) 5. (a)
6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (d) 9. (c) 10. (a)
11. (b) 12. (c) 13. (d) 14. (a)
- Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressure Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressure (1807): This law states that,...
- The Gas Equation If Boyle’s and Charle’s law are combined, then PV =...
- Liquefaction of Gas Liquefication of gas is the process of converting gas into...
- Dalton’s law Worksheet Dalton’s law states that, “The total pressure exerted by a...
- Amagat law Amagat law: For a mixture of non-reacting gases the sum...