The branch of chemistry that deals with the study of chemical reaction, ionic conduction that takes place under solution is known as electrochemistry.
Electro-chemistry plays a vital role in understanding a situation where oxidation and reduction are separated in a same time, connected by an external electric circuit.
Here, you can find some questions related to “Electrochemistry” and their answers:
1. Faraday’s law of electrolysis states that mass deposited on electrode is proportional to:
(d) None of these
2. Faraday constant:
(a) Depends on equivalent
(b) Is a numerical constant
(c) Depends on the number of electrons
(d) Depends upon the current passed
3. The conduction of electricity through the electrolyte solution is due to:
(a) Movement of molecules of electrolyte
(b) Movement of ions of electrolyte
(c) Movement of separate atoms
(d) Movement of particles of the solvent
4. The oxidation number of S in cadmium sulphide is:
5. The oxidation number of cobalt in is:
6. The oxidation number of Mn in is:
7. Same amount of electric current is passed through solutions of and HCl. If 1.08 g of silver is obtained in the first case, the volume of hydrogen liberated at STP in the second case is:
(a) 224 mL
(b) 112 mL
(c) 1120 mL
(d) 2240 mL
8. The mass of copper deposited from a solution of by passing a current of 2.5 ampere for 6 minutes is:
(a) 0.6 g
(b) 0.7 g
(c) 0.5 g
(d) 0.9 g
9. During electrolysis, the species discharged at cathode are:
(d) All of these
10. When electric current is passed through aqueous solution of sodium chloride what happens?
(a) is evolved at cathode
(b) is evolved at anode
(c) pH of solution gradually decreases
(d) pH of the solution gradually increases
1.(c) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (b) 5. (a)
6. (c) 7. (b) 8. (c) 9. (a) 10. (d)
- Introduction to Electrochemistry The branch of chemistry in which we study the relationship...
- Oxidation Number Worksheet An oxidation number of an atom is a positive or...
- Electrolytic Conduction Worksheet Those conduction which involve the movement of ions is called...
- Oxidation Worksheet Oxidation state is used to indicate the degeree of oxidation...
- Oxidation and Reduction worksheet Oxidation is the process of gaining electrons and Reduction is...