A colloid is a substance which is microscopically dispersed evenly throughout another substance.
A colloidal system has two pases:
1. Dispersed phase and
2. Continous phase
Here, you can find some questions related to “Colloid” and their answers:
1. The solution of rubber is an example of:
(a) lyophobic colloid
(b) multimolecular colloid
(c) associated colloid
(d) macromolecular colloid
2. Smoke is a colloidal dispersion of a:
(a) solid in a gas
(b) liquid in a solid
(c) gas in a solid
(d) gas in a gas
3. Difference between crystalloids and colloids is of:
(c) size of particles
(d) none of these
4. Solid aerosol is an example of colloidal system of:
(a) liquid dispersed in gas
(b) liquid dispersed in liquid
(c) solid dispersed in gas
(d) solid dispersed in liquid
5. Which of the following colloids are solvent-loving colloids ?
(d) one of these
6. Which of the following colloids are solvent hating
(d) None of these
7. A colloidal solution of in water is called:
8. Which of the following type of molecules forms micelles
(a) non—polar molecules
(b) polar molecules
(c) surfcant molecules
(d) all of these
9. The CMC is the concentration at which:
(a) true solution is formed
(c) one molar electrolyte is present per 1000 g of solution .
(d) solute and solution form equilibrium
10. If the dispersed phase is a liquid and the dispersion medium is solid, the colloid is known as:
11. The diameter of colloidal particle ranges from:
12. A colloidal solution of a liquid, in a solid is termed as:
13. An example of an associated colloid is:
(a) vegetable oil
(b) rubber latex
(c) soap solution
1.(d) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (c) 5. (a)
6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (b) 10. (d)
11. (a) 12. (b) 13. (c)
- Worksheet on Nature of solution Solution obtains when solutes are dissolved in solvents. Solvent is...
- Types of Solutions The solutions may be classified on the basis of solubility....
- Liquid State worksheet Among three state of matter, Liquid state has definite volume...
- Adsorption worksheet Adhesion of atoms, ions, biomolecules or molecules of a gas,...
- worksheet on State of matter The most common states of matter on Earth are Solid,...