Chemical bond is the attraction between two or more atoms that allows the formation of chemical substances. The formation of bond is due to electronmagnetic force of attraction between opposite charges.
There are three types of Chemical bond.
They are :
1. Ionic bond
2. Covalent bond
3. Polar covalent bond
Here you can find some question and answers related to chemical bonding.
1. Which of the following species are hypervalent:
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 1, 3
(c) 3, 4
(d) 1, 2
2. The expected shape of ion is:
(b) Trigonal planar
3. Pick out the incorrect statement:
(a) has greater dissociation energy than
(b) has lower dissociation energy than
(c) Bond length in is less than
(d) Bond length in is less than NO
4. Which of the following molecular orbitals has two nodal places:
5. The dipole moment of are 1-60 D and OD respectively. It is best explained by:
(a) Presence of polar bonds in but not in
(b) Electronegativities of C and O are not equal
(c) molecule is linear but is non-linear
(d) molecule is non-linear but is linear
6. Which is not correctly matched ?
(a) : Trigonal bipyramidal
(b) : T-shape
(c) : Square pyramidal
(d) : Linear shape
7. Which has maximum ionic mobility
8. Which has maximum covalent character ?
9. Hybridization of P in is same as:
10. in , P – O bond order is:
11. Which of the following sets of species are comparable in stability?
12. A diatomic molecule has a dipole moment of 1.92 D and a bond length of . What is the percentage ionic character in the molecule if :
13. The correct increasing bond angle among follows the order:
14. which of the following does not obey 18 electron rule?
15. Total number of electron pairs in are respectively:
(a) 20, 16, 24
(b) 24, 16, 20
(c) 16, 20, 24
(d) 24, 20, 16
16. Which is the correct order of increasing dipole moment?
(a) BrCl < NO< HCl < ClF < LiI
(b) NO < BrCl < HCl < LiI < ClF
(c) ClF < BrCl < NO < HCl < LiI
(d) LiI < BrCl < HCl < ClF < NO
17. On the basis of electronic configuration of the metals and and oxygen which of the formulae of oxides are correct:
(e) A, C, D
18. Nitrate ion is planar and all bond angles are : what atomic orbitals are used by N to bond O is :
19. The stability of the species is in the order:
(d) None of these
20. Which of the following statements is / are correct:
(a) In molecule both dipole forces as well as dispersive forces exist
(b) In molecule both hydrogen bonds as well as dispersive forces are present
(c) In only dispersive forces exist
(d) All are correct
1.(b) 2.(a) 3.(c) 4.(b) 5.(d)
6.(a) 7.(d) 8.(b) 9.(c) 10.(a)
11.(a) 12.(c) 13.(c) 14.(b) 15.(a)
16.(a) 17.(e) 18.(b) 19.(a) 20.(d)
- Chemical Bond worksheet Chemical bond can be defined as the force of attraction...
- Hydrogen Bond Worksheet Interaction of a hydrogen atom with an electronegative atom, such...
- Valence Bond Theory Actually speaking treatment of the covalent bond is far more...
- Hydrogen-bond Hydrogen-Bond [Introduced By Latimer and Rodebush] It may be defined...
- Bond Order The bond order (B.O.) in diatomic molecules is half of...