The rate of change of chemical reaction due to the presence of catalyst is known as catalysis. Catalyst can also participate on multiple chemical transformation.
Catalysts that increase the rate of reaction is known as positive catalysts and those catalysts which decrease the rate of reaction is known as negative cataiysts.
Here, you can find some questions related to ” Catalysts” and their answers:
1. The ability of a catalyst to accelerate the chemical reaction is known as:
(c) positive catalysis
(d) negative catalysis
2. A catalyst in a chemical reaction:
(a) decreases rate constant of the reaction
(b) reduces enthalpy of the reaction
(c) does not affect equilibrium constant of the reaction
(d) increases activation energy of the reaction
3. Homogeneous catalysis implies that:
(a) reactants and products must be in the same phase
(b) reactants and catalyst must be in the same phase
(c) composition of the reaction mixture must be homogeneous throughout
(d) products and the catalyst must be in the same phase
4. In homogeneous catalytic reactions, the rate of reaction:
(a) depends upon the concentration of catalyst
(b) depends upon physical state of catalyst
(c) is independent of the physical state of catalyst
(d) is independent of the concentration of catalyst
5. Which of the following is an example of homogeneous catalysis
(a) oxidation of in the contact process
(b) manufacture of by Haber’s process
(c) oxidation of in the lead chamber process
(d) oxidation of to NO in Ostwald’s process
6. In the reaction
(a) homogeneous catalyst
(b) heterogenous catalyst
(c) heterogeneous reactant
(d) homogeneous reactant
7. Which of the following kinds of catalysis can be explained by the adsorption theory?
(a) enzyme catalysis
(b) homogeneous catalysis
(c) acid base catalysis
(d) heterogeneous catalysis
8. Which of the following is an example of heterogeneous Catalyst ?
9. The process, which is catalysed by one of the products, is called:
(a) acid base catalysis
(b) negative catalysis
(c) positive catalysis
(d) auto catalysis
10. In case of auto catalysis:
(a) reactant catalyses
(b) product catalyses
(c) solvent catalyses
(d) heat produced in the reaction catalyses
11. A biological catalyst is essentially:
(a) a carbohydrate
(b) an enzyme
(c) a nitrogen molecule
(d) an amino acid
12. Which of the following is used as a catalyst for preparing Grignard reagent ?
(a) manganese dioxide
(b) iron powder
(c) activated charcoal (d)
(d) dry ether
13. In Kjeldahl’s method, acts as:
(a) reducing agent
(b) oxidizing agent
(c) catalytic agent
(d) hydrolyzing agent
14. The reactions in zeolite catalysts depend upon:
(b) size of cavilties
(d) all of these
15. The catalyst used in Zeigler process for polyethylene manufacture:
(a) consists of aluminium triethyl and titanium tetrachloride
(b) is vanadium pentoxide
(c) consists of aluminium chloride and titanium dioxide
(d) is finely divided nickel
16. Shape selective catalysts are known by this name because:
(a) of the shape of catalyst
(b) of specificity of catalyst
(c) size of pores of the catalyst can trap only selective species
(d) none of these
1.(b) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (c)
6. (a) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (a)
11. (b) 12. (d) 13. (c) 14. (d) 15. (a) 16. (c)
- Rate of Reaction Worksheet The rate of reaction is used to describe the speed...
- Rate constant or Specific Reaction rate According to collision theory, the rate of the reaction is...
- Worksheet on Order of reaction The sum of powers to which the concentration terms are...
- Factors Influencing Rate of Reaction Some important factors which influence the rate of reaction are...
- Worksheet on Spontaneous process A process that occurs in a system without giving any...