Atoms Multiple Questions
Atoms can be defined as the building blocks of matter that makes everyday objects. Every matter in this world are made up of atom. The word atom has been derived from Greek word atom, which means indivisible.
In this article you can find some questions and their answers related to atoms.
1. The line spectrum of two elements is not identical because:
(a) They do not have same number of neutrons
(b) They have dissimilar mass number
(c) They have different energy level schemes
2. For which of the following species, Bohr’s theory is not applicable
3. Wavelength of a proton with energy 1 electron volt is:
4. Which of the following atomic orbitals does not have the four lobes lying symmetrically between the axial direction?
5. The number of waves made by a Bohr electron in any orbit of maximum magnetic number 3 is:
6. Which orbital does not have spherical node:
(a) n = 2, l = 0
(b) n = 2, l = 1
(c) n = 3, l = 0
(d) all of above
7. the orbital angular momentum for a 3p-electron is:
8. Which cannot be the correct value of angular momentum in an orbit?
(d) Both (b) and (c)
9. An electron is accelerated through V volt. Its de Broglie wavelength is:
10. A compound of Vanadium has a magnetic moment of 1.73 BM. Write the electronic configuration of vanadium in this compound:
11. The number of elliptical orbitals excluding circular orbits in the N-shell of an atom is:
12. The ionization energy of hydrogen atom is 13.6 eV. What will be the ionization energy of ?
(a) 13.6 eV
(b) 54.4 eV
(c) 122.4 eV
13. The mass of an electron is m. its charge is e and it is accelerated from rest through a potential difference V. the velocity acquired by the electron will be:
14. Ground state electronic configuration of nitrogen atom can be represented by:
(a) 1 only
(c) 1, 4
(d) 2, 3
15. In hydrogen atom, an orbit has a diameter of about . What is the maximum number of electrons that can be accommodated?
16. The photoelectric current decreases if:
(a) The frequency of incident radiation decreases below thresholds frequency
(b) The exposure time is decreased
(c) The intensity of the source of light is decreased
(d) None of these
17. If an element emits photon in its ground state due to electronic transition, then its:
(a) Atomic number will increase
(b) Atomic number will remain unchanged
(c) Atomic number will decrease
(d) Mass number will decrease
18. The energy of the electron in ion depends on:
(a) The principal quantum number only
(b) The principal and azimuthal quantum numbers only
(c) The principal, azimuthal and magnetic quantum numbers only
(d) The principal, azimuthal, magnetic and spin quantum numbers
19. If a photon and -particle are accelerated through the same potential difference the ratio of de Broglie wavelength is:
20. The orbital in which both the Pauli’s exclusion principal and Hund’s rule are violated, is:
(a) 2, 4
(b) Only 2
(c) Only 3
(d) Only 4
1. (c) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (d) 5. (b)
6. (b) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (d)
11. (a) 12. (b) 13. (c) 14. (c) 15. (b)
16. (c) 17. (c) 18. (a) 19. (c) 20. (d)
- Atoms and Molecules Worksheets Atoms and Molecules worksheets The atom is a unit of...
- Atomic Number This worksheet consists of questions and answers related to Atomic...
- Trigonometric multiple and sub-multiple angle formulas Trigonometric multiple and sub-multiple angle formulas. Trigonometric formulas for multiple...
- Atoms Worksheets Atoms Worksheets The atom is a unit of matter which...
- Molecular mass , moles and atoms worksheet Molecular mass , moles and atoms worksheet: Here are some...