Atoms and Molecules Worksheets
Atoms and Molecules worksheets
The atom is a unit of matter which contains dense central nucleus inclosed within a cloud of negatively charged electrons. Atomic nucleus contains positively charged protons and electrically neutral charged neutron. Atom is classified according to the number of protons and neutrons present in its nucleus.
A molecule can be defined as a group of at least two atoms which are electrically neutral and are hold together by covalent chemical bonds.
Here you can find some objective questions and their answer related to atom and molecules. The answers of the questions are given at the bottom of the page.
1. The weight of molecules of is:
(a) 41.42 g
(b) 42.42 g
(c) 44.44 g
(d) 48.94 g
2. If the density of is 1 gm then the volume of occupied by one molecule of is nearly?
3. The formula weight of an acid is 82.0. in a titration 100 cm3 of a solution of this acid containing 39.0 g of the acid per litre were completely neutralized by 95.0 cm3 of aqueous NaOH containing 40.0 g of NaOH per litre. What is the basicity of the acid?
4. An aqueous solution of 6.3 g of acid dehydrate is made upto 250 ml. the volume of 0.1 N NaOH required to completely neutralize 10 ml of this solution is:
(a) 40 ml
(b) 30 ml
(c) 100 ml
(d) 4 ml
5. How many moles of electrons weight one kilogram? Mass of electron = kg, Avogadro number =
6. Which has maximum number of atoms?
(a) 24 g of C (12)
(b) 56 g of Fe (56)
(c) 27 g of Al (27)
(d) 108 g of Ag (108)
7. The mass of nitrogen per gram hydrogen in the compound hydrazine is exactly one and half times the mass of nitrogen in the compound ammonia. The fact illustrates:
(a) The law of conservation of mass
(b) The multiple valency of nitrogen
(c) The law of multiple proportions
(d) The law of definite proportions
8. The ratio of amounts of needed to precipitate all the metal ions from 100 ml if 1 M and 100 ml of 1 M will be:
(a) 1 : 1
(b) 1 :2
(c) 2 : 1
9. The mass of carbon present in 0.5 mole of is:
(a) 1. 86 g
(b) 18 g
(c) 3. 62 g
(d) 36 g
10. Mass of a mole of electrons is:
(a) 0.206 mg
(b) 0.022 mg
(c) 0.55 mg
(d) 1.006 mg
11. A weight lifter after competition, drinks 500 of 9% glucose (mol. Wt = 180) solution. The number of glucose molecules taken by him are:
12. The hydrated salt on heating losses 55.9% weight and becomes anhydrous. The value of n is:
13. The element whose one atom has a mass of kg is:
14. 13.5 g of Aluminium when changes to ion in solution, will lose:
15. Atoms can accept energy only in discrete amounts is a statement of:
(a) Frank-Hertz principle
(b) Bohr-Burry rule
(c) Compton effect
(d) None of these
16. The molality of % solution having a density of 1.80 g/ml is:
(a) 91. 8
17. How many moles of will react with 1 mole of ferrous oxalate in acidic medium?
18. One mole of is thermally decomposed and the oxygen evolved is utilised to oxidize carbon into . The number of moles of obtained is:
19. 208 g of are treated with 49 g of . The amount of (At. Mass of Ba = 137) obtained is:
(a) 116. 5 g
(b) 233 g
(c) 11.65 g
(d) 23.33 g
20. The number of atoms in 0.004 g of magnesium is close to:
1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (a) 4. (a) 5. (d)
6. (a) 7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (c)
11. (b) 12. (a) 13. (b) 14. (d) 15. (a)
16. (a) 17. (c) 18. (b) 19. (a) 20. (c)
- Molecular mass , moles and atoms worksheet Molecular mass , moles and atoms worksheet: Here are some...
- Atomic Mass Atomic Mass. What is Atomic Mass? the infinitesimally small mass...
- Projectile Motion Worksheets Projectile Motion: When an object is thrown making an angle...
- Algebraic Formulas Algebra is one of the most basic part of mathematics...