Acid- Base titration is used to determine the concentration of an acid or base. It makes the use of neutralization reaction that occurs between the acid and base in-order to find the concentration of acid or base.
In this article you can find some questions related to “Acid-Base titration” and their answers:
1. Phenolphthalein shows which of the following colour in acidic medium?
2. Phenolphthalein is not a good indicator for titrating:
(a) ferrous sulphate against
(b) NaOH against oxalic acid
(c) NaOH against
(d) NaOH against HCI
3. The pink colour phenolphthalein, in alkaline medium is due to:
(a) positive ion
(b) negative ion
(c) neutral form
4. The indicator used in the titration of sodium carbonate with sulphuric acid is:
(a) methyl orange
(c) potassium ferrocyanide
(d) potassium ferricyanid
5. If one drop of methyl orange is added in solution, then solution becomes pink. The solution is:
6 A rapid change of pH near stiochiometric point of an acid-base titration is the basis of indicator detection. The pH of solution is related to the ratio of concentration of conjugate acid [Hln] and base forms of the indicator by the expression:
1.(c) 2. (a) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (b) 6. (a)
- Worksheet on Concept of Acid and Base Those substance which produces hydrogen ions [H+] when dissolved in...
- Indicators Indicators It is a substance which is used to indicate...
- Henderson’s Equation Henderson derived an equation to calculate the pH value of...
- pH SCALE: (Puissance of Hydrogen) Sorenson (1909) introduced a convenient means of expressing the concentration...
- C++ Base Class Type of base classes in C++ A base class can...